Monday, June 29, 2009

Day One

Goal: 30 minutes

Achieved: ~15 minutes


Clearly I overestimated my ability and underestimated how difficult running is (for me, at least). After finally figuring out the logistics due to a lack of pockets - namely, stuffing my keys into my laces, decided to hold my BB in one hand (why, you ask? because what if i FELL DOWN! what then?!), and my ipod in the other - I'm off!

Happily, the morning is still fairly cool in the shade. Phew. This could have ended a *lot* sooner than anticipated!

I start easy by walking and then attempt to run (ps I use the term "run" loosely). This lasts for no longer than 2 minutes. TWO! All I could think about was how people run for hours and hours for marathons or just for fun! Needless to say, I am quite embarrassed and am hoping this will propel me to do more/better in the days to come. The rest of the jaunt is a mix of running and walking. As the morning progresses (ie 14 minutes later) it starts to warm up drastically and I think it's time to head home - which I do and I finish it off with a last sprint home!


Lessons learned:

  1. A good music mix is key.
  2. I need to make a good running mix.
  3. Perhaps putting this mix on my BB would make things easier than having to hold 2 items.
  4. I am ridiculously cardiovascularly-challenged.
  5. I need more sports bras.


So, despite having achieved only 50% of my goal and realizing just how out of shape I am, I am also inspired! I am pretty pleased with myself that I went at all. I'm easily pleased, though. Clearly.

...Let's just hope my motivation lasts at least until tomorrow morning when I try this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment