Wednesday, May 5, 2010

good news and bad news..

Bad news first!  Unless you want the good news, then scroll down first.

Bad News

So.  I've discovered that I might hate running.  I couldn't run for very long and everything started to hurt!  Randomly the side of my lower left leg hurt!  How do I stretch that?  I think maybe I carry too much weight to run and that I'm only damaging my feet/knees/hips by running with extra weight.  Or maybe this is my new rationalization.  In any case, I might hate running. 

Good News

I got up at a reasonable time and actually made it out the door!   I was out for about 30 minutes.  Not all running, but I tried to mix it and power walk when I wasn't running.  This time I decided to actually make my way to High Park and take advantage of the neighbourhood.  It was nice!  Lots of people out running and walking with their dogs.  Lots of boot camp classes going on - I'm trying to resist the urge to sign up. 

Just News

I am going to focus more on other activities, such as the classes and my sporting activities and maybe actually do some strength training at the gym to build up my muscles and cardio so I can try running again. 

So maybe my thought of doing a 10k in the fall isn't so farfetched.  Denise has recently started to talk about taking up running and Olessia might do the 10k with me, too!  So that's fun! 

And! Erin is interested in Dragon Boating!  So maybe if I can round up a few more troops, this might actually happen!  I am super excited and think it will be super fun!

I'm also enjoying writing in this blog again.  I'm very happy that it's not just another blog I started then kicked to the curb.  I'm thinking I should add some pictures.  I see other blogs and they are entertaining.  But what would I take pictures of?  Me running?  Not fun. 

Also, on a side note: I need a new camera since mine got fried in Cuba.  Maybe once I get that then I will also showcase my photography skillz.

4 comments:

  1. Don't fight the urge to sign up for bootcamp - just do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't get it, why would you RESIST to sign up for boot camp. Is it because you already wasted your money on a gym membership? Haha! Aren't there boot camp at GoodLife anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol yes.. it's because i already "wasted" my money on the gym membership :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. actually, pictures of you running would be VERY entertaining to me!

    ReplyDelete