Saturday, May 15, 2010

not letting life get in the way of my life

Since Tuesday, I've gone again to the Body Pump class at Goodlife.  It was just as enjoyable (and hard) as the first time I went.  It was already easier to follow the class and there was a different instructor who was awesome!  I almost didn't go because I knew I had to work late and the idea of working late and then going to the gym was horrid to me!  Fortunately!  Tammy was also saying she didn't want to go to the gym, so the two negatives turned into a positive!  Tammy offered to help me so I wouldn't have to stay as late and then we would go to the gym together!  If she hadn't done that, the chances would have been very very slim that I went at all.  Thanks, Tammy!

Since I vowed not to eat cheese, admittedly I have fallen off the wagon a couple times, but only because I tend to forget pizza has cheese on it.  Oops.  But overall, I think I've done pretty good.  I'm trying to eat more fruit and vegetables.  Well, more fruit anyways.  I'm still working on eating more vegetables.  Side note: Fuji apples are delicious!  They taste like they're made with honey! Yum.

So the reason for this post is that I was thinking about how the gym fits into my life.  I had to work this morning, then met up with Denise, went shopping with Michael, and came home.  Exhausted.  Tomorrow I have to go back in to work, then we have our pool end-of-session banquet in the early afternoon.  I was waffling on whether I had time to go to the gym before or after work and before the banquet.

I was looking at the classes available and some were too early (the subway doesn't start until 9am!), some were too late (the banquet is at 2pm).  The only ones that seemed to fit were the Body Pump classes and I wanted to try something new.  So I decided to check out the spin classes.  I haven't done these in a while!  I found one that looked like it would sort of fit into my time frame and was considering possibly maybe going.  Then I decided it was too much work and that I wouldn't have time and that I should just go to work and be done with it.

Then randomly I was just browsing the Goodlife website and came across this post by someone who was talking about life and not letting life get in your way.  She was basically saying that life is full of choices.  As cheesy as this sounds, we control our own destiny.  Only I can decide what I can and cannot do.  Within reason, obviously.

I really took this to heart because up until now, that's all I have been doing. All I think about how is how/if I can fit gym time into my life.  There are a ton of reasons why I can't go this day or that day.  But I have to re-prioritize and consider how everything else will fit into my life as I schedule the gym into it regularly.  I make excuses and use that to stop me from living and becoming the person I want to be. I know it's cheesy, but if I can't eat it, I might as well share it!

So.  I've decided to take the bull by the horns, so to speak, and will go to the 10am spin class tomorrow morning.  Hopefully it's not busy, but if it is, I always have options.  Maybe I'll give the elliptical a go tomorrow if the spin class is full.  Then I'll go to work and just show up late to the pool banquet.  Priorities, right?

Sorry if this post was boring!  But I had to share my revelation with you.  I feel like I'm on the right track.

Be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment