Monday, May 10, 2010

ok, here's the deal.

NEW PLAN.

So.  I don't think I mentioned my secret shame this last 2 months or so, but it involves buffets.  Too many buffets.  Primarily delicious Mandarin with its delicious food, more specifically, its waffles.  Mm.  I'm not proud of this, but it is what it is! 

Over the duration of these past 2 months I haven't noticed that much change to my weight.  I definitely wasn't losing weight, but I didn't think I was putting on any either.  To be quite honest, I was quite impressed by my super metabolism.

Until now.

It's aaaall caught up to me.  I feel like over the past 3 days it all just appeared.  And it ain't pretty, my friends!

Luckily, I have a newfound feeling of motivation and, more importantly, a brand-spankin' new gym membership!

So, here's my...

NEW PLAN:
  1. Start going to the gym.  Stat.  I plan to go Tuesdays after work, Thursdays after Ultimate (that's right, I'm hardcore), then on Saturday.  
  2. I am now (again) officially DONE WITH CHEESE.  Maybe not forever, but at least through the rest of the year.  I did this once before with good results and I'm ready to do it again.  
  3. I am going to try (again) walking to work on the mornings I don't go to the gym.  
  4. No more buffets.  Until my birthday.  Or someone else's birthday.  It's not my fault they make it free on your birthday!  
  5. Continue the battle with food.  Especially breakfast!  I have had a tendency to get a donut or a muffin in the morning.  Or both.  
So I would say that the breakfast thing is probably the most difficult because what can I have with coffee that's both delicious and relatively low in calories?  Thoughts?  Suggestions?  Some kind of low-fat cookie or granola?  I have a hard time enjoying my coffee without a snack - although maybe this is the habit I need to break?  Hm.  Food for thought.

Oh!  I should mention something else.  I have been given some funds from a generous benefactor (who shall remain unnamed) for personal training sessions.  Probably just one session a week.  I'm thinking Saturday is the best day for this.  My more detailed plan involves a PT session on Saturday, a BodyPump class on Tuesday, and the circuit or if my PT provides me with a plan then I'll do that on Thursday. 

Good plan, eh?

READYGO.

8 comments:

  1. Although it's good to write down your plans, so far... it's just words. SHOW US! How about instead of having a muffin/donut and coffee for breakfast, you actually eat a full breakfast with your coffee. Unless you're getting both... then I suggest your cut the snack, period.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol..

    and that's what i'm saying!! instead of a muffin or donut, what's a better option with my coffee? or is there one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. cereal with strawberries +banana & skim milk :)
    but not like fruit loops cereal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. but what's a good snack with my coffee! coffee tastes more delicious with a pastry.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. why don't you make some low-fat muffins (e.g. with applesauce instead of oil) and bring them with you to have with your morning coffee?

    if you give up cheese, i'll try to give up my 2 daily chocolate chip cookies! they're killing me right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...and I'm saying drink your damn coffee with your breakfast. I'm also saying cut out the snack, period! If you want things to happen, sacrifices. Pastries are killers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. but *i'm* saying coffee is only good with pastries not with regular breakfast! but FINE. I will take all your advices under consideration and come up with a game plan!

    ReplyDelete