Tuesday, May 11, 2010

oh, my gravy!

Ah, this feels good.  To be able to write a post after I wrote about the changes I would make yesterday and actually being able to say that I accomplished something.  I realize this is just one day, but!  All journeys start with a single step, right?

Accomplishments:
  1. I did not have a snack with my morning coffee.  I had breakfast at home and a pastry-less coffee.  It was slightly sad (since someone got my order wrong at Tim's :P), but manageable!
  2. Despite much dawdling, I managed to get to the gym on time for the 6pm Body Pump class!
  3. I did not have cheese.
  4. I did not go to a buffet! Shocking, I know.
I stole this picture from the GoodLife website. I was not this happy during the class!  That's for sure!

So I'm very proud of myself!  Especially since I got to the class and it looked like everyone else was already fit and knew what they were supposed to be doing (ie. getting a mat, and weights, etc).  I walked in and I almost walked out!  I was telling myself I would just do the circuit and be done with it.  That it would be the same!  But I forced myself to stay and am really glad I did!  I enjoyed it quite a bit!  Although, I already have trouble walking down stairs and I can feel my shoulders stiffening up as I type!  

Regardless, I really enjoyed the class and am hoping to make this a regular Tuesday occurrence.  The great thing about this class is that it's easy to make it harder by just adding more weights. Exciting, isn't it?!

Tomorrow I hope to walk to work and even though I don't have ultimate frisbee on Thursday, I will still try to go to the gym.

Also, because I'm new to GL, they have some introductory packages for personal training.  I get a free initial assessment and then they offer a "Guaranteed Six Week Fat Loss Program".  It includes 18 one-on-one personal training sessions and fitness assessments, nutritional plans, weekly shopping lists, etc.  It doesn't say how much, but that there is a savings up to $250.00!  I should have gone to speak to someone after the class, but I was too wiped.  I'll go talk to them on Thursday.  

Oo, I can also get a free tan!  Not that I would.  I'm just saying.

I will leave you with this.

MM CHEESE.



1 comment:

  1. i really like the picture of the people. LOL

    ReplyDelete