Wednesday, August 19, 2009

j00 can DO it!

Morning!

This morning was the dreaded spin class. I trudged over to the studio for 7am!

I got all set up on the bike and away we went! It was actually pretty good! Though my knees were hurting a little, I enjoyed it! Admittedly, I did not go as hard or as fast as everyone else in the class (though everyone else seemed like spin class veterans!), I think I still pushed myself. All I know is that I was ready to quit after the first 15-20 minutes, but how embarrassing would that have been!! So I stuck it out. I got my second wind in the last 20ish minutes of the class and actually got "out of the saddle" for some of it and pushed even harder.

I was positively dripping. Gross.

I think I probably could have done more, but I'm pretty proud of myself for having gone and done what I did! Did what I did.. done what I done? Hm.

Anyways.

The good thing about the class was that it made me tough it out for the full 45 minutes because I didn't want to look like a pansy. And that there is so much room for improvement. It makes me want to go back and do more and do better. Good times!

Today after work I am going to a softball practice. That should also be interesting.

So, Chow brought up the issue of my diet these days. First, I have to say, I am hungry all the time. I am usually good for about half the day. Then start to slip.

Take last night for example. Gary came over after ultimate frisbee and we had pizza. And a few wings. It was SO GOOD. I felt like I hadn't eaten in days. I almost couldn't stop eating! HOWEVER, I did not have any pop. That's something, right? The coke was looking mighty delicious, but I refrained. I am off the pop. :D So even though I had a thousand calories - I didn't have a thousand PLUS 200 :)

This morning I had a piece of toast with peanut butter and jam before the class. Then I picked up a yogurt parfait (yogurt, granola/oatmeal, raisins, strawberries) at the cafeteria downstairs and a coffee. Oh and I bought a banana. Now I'm starving again.

I am sure this play-by-play of my food intake is fascinating - too bad. :)

I will try to eat better the rest of the day, but it's hard when I'm so hungry and food is so delicious. And when I'm not at home. Le sigh. Life is hard. :)

PS. Don't forget to read yesterday's post. I posted it late last night, but I did post!

4 comments:

  1. LoL no I haven't! How often do we talk about your diet? I actually mean eating the right things at the right time to fuel your body. It's important, but I guess if you're not really ready to become very strict (it takes lots of work) then that's okay, you're still doing great! And to answer your comment on my blog, yes, you do need to sleep 8 hours, and it's not just the "feeling tired" portion, it's probably the only way your body can recover and regenerate. When you exercise, you damage cells, and the only way to repair them, is by eating properly and getting enough sleep. And I toss and turn a lot... haha! I'm thinking if I ever get married, my wife will want twin beds. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you mentioned food in your comment in my last post!! that's what i meant :P you said you hope i'm eating enough and the right foods :P

    you should get some prescription drugs to sleep better :P alcohol isn't a good sleep aid :P

    and you just have to marry a deep sleeper :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to take a spin class! I can't for the life of me picture you in one. :)

    I took an exercise class yesterday and it KILLED me...that's what I get for being completely inactive for the last 5 months (though it wasn't by choice). But I feel that most of what I did can be done at home without paying for the class (it was mostly weights, lunges, planks etc...you're right, planks are HARD!). We need to talk about motivation, etc, so I can try to do this stuff myself at home. :)

    I also don't get why you shower 2x a day when you exercise - can't you just shower after your workout and be clean? :P

    And alcohol sure works for me as a sleep aid!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha.. i couldn't picture myself there *while* i was there :P

    as for showering 2x a day.. it's because i run in the morning and i have to shower.. then i haev ultimate or volleyball or something else after work and have to shower again..

    and ya.. that's why most of it i do at home.. ij ust need to get some weights.. tho the spin class was helpful.. :)

    ReplyDelete