Wednesday, August 12, 2009

"vanity is my favourite sin" -al pacino

Morning!

Of all the times of the day I prefer to look at myself in the mirror, it has to be in the morning. From what I understand (and what I see to be true), the body is at its lowest weight of the day at that time. So even though I don't think I have lost a significant amount of weight pound-wise, I think the last few weeks have still made a difference. Or maybe my view of myself is skewed because of the morning mirror looks. Either way. It works for me! I think I might be ready to start measuring myself.

Last night I played ultimate frisbee finally. It was slightly easier to run around than it was the last time I played, which was 3-4 weeks ago? I was told that I did run a bit faster and didn't seem as winded as quickly. All good things! Although it was bloody hot last night! And we lost. By a lot. Really a lot.

Oh! I usually got shin splints playing ultimate frisbee, but not a twinge last night!

As I mentioned on Charles' blog, I am all about the small triumphs and victories. So I am a happy camper today all things considered.

This morning I did 3 sets of 10 lunges and squats. I should feel that tomorrow or even later today.

The one thing I have been slacking on is snacks for the day. I am constantly starving between meals, which can't be good for me. I really need to work on this!

Also, I am excited for September when booty camp starts! I haven't signed up yet, but I will soon! Oh, that reminds me, I should also sign up for the 5k marathon :P

I have been considering signing up at the UofT Athletic Centre to use their pool and track in the winter. As long as it is not too expensive. But that would be good. It's close to my work so I could go afterwards maybe. Or zip over early in the morning. So that's an option. Or maybe the Y.

Or maybe I will hibernate all winter and pack on the pounds. So I can struggle through this all over again next summer!

7 comments:

  1. gluttony is totally my favourite sin. followed closely by sloth...wow, I'm NEVER going to lose weight. :P

    I'm so proud of your ongoing journey. Keep it up - you're going to be my inspiration post-baby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha well gluttony is actually my favourite.. but i wanted to put something about being vain in the title :D

    and i'm trying! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vanity stems from hotness. Do you know any vain ugly people? :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha.. um.. al pacino?? :P ok well i guess he's not ugly..

    but i'm pretty sure reality isn't a part of whether or not someone is vain :P

    ReplyDelete