Monday, July 13, 2009

case of the mondays..

Man. It was hard getting out of bed this morning! Even though I went to sleep by midnight, it was still next to impossible to drag myself out of bed at 6:30am. Consequently, I got out of bed closer to 7:45am. Oops. And rather than having to explain to my dear readers (lol) why I couldn't run this morning I decided to suck it up and still go.

However, I was only going to go for abou 15 minutes because I was already so late. It turns out that 15 minutes isn't nearly as long as it was the first time I went running! So I think I stayed out there for about 25 minutes and I wasn't even trying! So that's progress, right?

The first leg of running was the furthest I've ever run. I try to start running from the same landmark and see how far I can go every time. After that I don't measure as much, but I feel I went significantly further this morning!

It was another lovely day today. Nice and cool. Perfect for me!

On the way back for the last leg, I also try to see if I can run a little further than I have before. Success! I started the last leg earlier and made it to my door. /confetti!

I do my stair pushups. Three sets of ten reps. Three reps of ten sets? No, the first one, right? :)

Then I do the plank. I decided that I don't need no sissy half-plank so I tried to do the full plank. Here is what I found:

  1. These are really, really hard for me! The first time I do it I can hold it for about 12 seconds.
  2. The second time I do it, my cat gets involved and jumps on my back causing me to collapse.
  3. I try again. This time, my cat, Spike, gets under me and crawls INTO my shirt pulling me down. Of course, by now, I'm laughing too much to get anything useful accomplished. :P [Aside: how are people not cat people? They have such personality and are just so hilarious :) My cats, especially Spike, never fail to put me in a good mood :) ]
  4. I do try again, though. Minimal success. I'm tired from the run, from trying the plank a bunch of times already, and laughing at my ridiculous cat.
  5. Maybe tomorrow I'll have better luck!

So I couldn't write this post earlier because I was already super late and wanted to try to get to work at a reasonable time. Minimal success again! I still got to work at 9:30am!

I suppose I should also write about my weekend. I am not going to lie, my activity level was very very low :( I meant to go to beach on Saturday morning, but then it rained. Thought about rollerblading on Sunday or going for a walk even, but it never happened. It's funny. When I run in the mornings I prefer to be alone, but when I try to do something active on the weekend I have to do it with other people.

Even though it's only Monday, I maintain that this weekend will be better!

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. if you ever feel like going for walks on the weekend, call me! I need motivation to be active, but will definitely die if I have to do anything high-impact. :)

    ReplyDelete