Saturday, July 18, 2009

i am a CHAMP!!

Oh, yes, my friends. I am a champ!

Since I missed my Thursday morning outing, I said I would go for a bike ride on Thursday evening because also I wouldn't make my Friday run because of work.

As per norm, bikes hate me. It was dark-ish outside so I figured I would need to add a light to my outfit. I have little lights I bought for this very occasion! Yet, somehow, I couldn't figure out a good way to attach it since they were all clip-ons and I didn't have anywhere to clip it to. So I decided I would just go for a run and go back to basics!

This time, though, after the discussions on goal-setting and all that, I decided to investigate the functions on my BB. Lo and behold! I have a stopwatch function! /twirl.

This, my friends, THIS is why I am a CHAMP. I ran for a whopping 6 minutes straight! That's right - SIX MINUTES straight! It was fantastic. Tiny hiccup, though. I probably ran at least 5 times further than I have in the past in one go. And so in earlier runs, sans stopwatch I had roughly guessed I had been running for about 2-3 minutes. This is clearly not true! So, on the one hand, my running was extra dismally bad up until now. I'm thinking it couldn't have been more than 1min30secs max on any given occasion - more likely it was closer to 45 seconds on a regular basis. Which, to me, is kind of funny that I was just so far off the mark!

On the other hand! That means I have progressed to 5x my length.. distance? amount? of running from week 1. This is now the end of week 3, I believe. Hah.

In addition to that 6-minute run, after a walk I ran for another 5 minutes straight. Then I ran a final 2 minutes with the last 30-ish seconds a sprint home. Well, my version of a sprint. It was probably the same speed as a regular person's run. :P

Anyways, I'm quite pleased with myself and hope this will give me the little boost of motivation I need to keep on truckin'.

Also, volleyball last night was much fun! We won 5/6 of our games. I do not think I played SUPERGOOD, though :( But, it's ok, because I ran for 6 minutes straight!

Hah. Ok, now I have to go in to work :( On a Saturday :( I hope everyone else is still happily dreaming in bed :)

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I'm caught up on your blog and it's making me feel like running again - ha ha ... I was jogging outdoors last summer, but it never continued into this summer, although I still run on the treadmill at the gym a few times a week.

    Anyway, bring your rollerblades tomorrow. Maybe I'll bring a helmet in case you try to stop by pulling my arm again - hah hah ... j/k ... or maybe we can go for a short 9am run. Our goal can be from the boardwalk where our net is to the place where the rock sculptures are. Hmm ... maybe I should bring a camera tomorrow in case we make some rock art.

    Anyway, keep up the good work with the exercise! You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete