Tuesday, July 21, 2009

i'm back on that pony!

I briefly thought about going for a run last night, but the hammock was so much more comfortable!

So in the spirit of trying to change my lifestyle, I got my ass out of bed for a run this morning!

Pre-run I did the plank for a measly 12 seconds. My cat jumped on me again. He thinks it's funny, which it is because he's awfully cute :D

Then I tried dips! Those are not easy for me, either :( Also, my cat tried to "help" by jumping into my lap. Ok, I don't mean to make this about my cat, but Spike is seriously the cutest cat I've ever met in my life. EVAR. :)

So I finally read the website Chow mentioned in my first week ofrunning! http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

**ADDENDUM: Mike S. also told me about this helpful site :) **

I am going to try to follow this as best I can. I decided to start in week 2 because of all the running I've already been doing.

So today I did Workout 1 of Week 2. My shin splints came back with a vengeance! I kept on running though :(

If I did the math right then I would have to do 6 of the 90 seconds run/2 minutes run. I only did 4 for personal reasons! I was going to post why, but it might be too much information for you lot.

So anyways, I am going to go from the couch to 5k! And to help me with this goal, I have decided to sign up for a 5k run in September. It is a charity event through Scotiabank so I will soon be asking you to sponsor me. Get your checkbooks ready!

If anyone is interested in joining me on this auspicious occasion, please let me know! I am trying to start a team!

I originally wasn't going to do anything like this, but the opportunity presented itself so I thought, "Hey, why not!". This way, once I sign up I won't be able to back out and hopefully this will keep me on track!

I'm sorry my blog is no longer funny and errs on the side of informative/boring, but I can only be funny for so long! I think my funny tank is all tapped out for now. :)

In other news, I think I've said this before, but I feel good about these life changes I have been making. I do still have to make some improvements to my food intake, but I'm honestly working on it. Trying to make better choices - some of the time :D

I think I've told some of you about this lady I know who joined Jenny Craig and lost over 100lbs in about a year! She was kind of my inspiration at the beginning of this year when I started to think more about my overall health and fitness level, but I kept falling off the wagon and I had varying degrees of success (as with many of my endeavours :P).

But my point is (an excuse is coming, watch out) that she doesn't really like food. She is happy to eat the little packages of food they give her. Now, I know, sometimes I can be a tad picky with my food, but it's nothing compared to this lady. So for someone like that, I can see how it would be so easy to lose weight because if you don't like food, you don't crave that steak or those deep fried wings dipped in honey garlic sauce and blue cheese dressing. Mmm..

So, my point is, *whine* it's hard to give up or limit food when you love it! But I will try harder :(

Maybe I should take a page out of a book I read recently and imagine my food covered in mold. Think that would help? I guess we'll see :)

Either way, I'm still happy about my (small) changes and life in general.

6 comments:

  1. "Accept the challenges so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory." - General George S. Patton (American General in World War I & II)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll do the 5k run with you Con! Let's make a team!

    ReplyDelete
  3. coools :) ok i gotta find out who else is in and we'll make a team :) we need to raise money for it though :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. What day in September is this beast? Before the 5th? :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw it is not until sept 27 - stay until then! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha perhaps perhaps!! If i can 'fundraise' a reasonable 20k USD I may just do that!

    ReplyDelete