Sunday, July 5, 2009

Weekend of rest.. at the beach!

I have decided there is no running on weekends or on holidays.

Rationale: Running (to me) is a morning-only event so on the weekends I plan to engage in other activities I can do at other times of the day, i.e. rollerblading, cycling, etc. So if anyone is interested, let me know!

So the weekend started early for me :P I did not go running on Friday morning. However, if you will recall, I did play Ultimate Frisbee on Thursday night. And! I was planning to play Beach Volleyball for our league on Friday night.

My plans were slightly thwarted as we found out upon arrival that the spring session had actually ended! Luckily, we were all still willing to play despite this hiccup. But then we realized problem #2 was no net! However, being the innovative people that we lot are, since we had the lines for the court we strung those up as a ghetto net. It was awesome! So we did end up playing for a bit after all and I felt less guilty about not running in the morning.

This next bit is completely unrelated to running or exercise, but as an aside, we went to go see Public Enemies that night. I figured Johnny Depp always makes for a good movie, right? Wrong. Well, it wasn't terrible, but it was a shaky camera and made my poor tummy do somersaults! I honestly didn't think I would make it.

(Another random aside - this blog editor doesn't approve of some contractions and keeps red underlining them all! It's making me think I'm crazy and don't know how to spell!)

So anyways.

Saturday brought about a spontaneous trip to the beach with Tammy's friends with more volleyball! I love the beach and I love volleyball! Although, I realized today that I don't think I've ever really gone down by the water at the Woodbine Beach! Next time I plan to take a walk along the beach!

And Sunday brought about a planned trip to the beach with more volleyball! And sunburning. So much bad sunburning went on this weekend. I have a problem with not just burning/tanning badly, but also a problem with trying to fix it :( It never works and yet I persevere in the hopes that this year will be the year!

Maybe next year?

So I have come out of this weekend having played excessive amounts of beach volleyball, spent excessive amounts of time in the sun and all I have to show for it is this sunburned upper body! Better than a t-shirt?

Oh! I forgot to mention I went for a rollerblade - but almost killed Ryan in the process! Ok, maybe not killed, but I did knock him down! I'm not very good at stopping and I grabbed him to slow me down and totally took him down - though I managed to stay up somehow! So yay for me? :)

But I have further discovered that I thoroughly enjoy rollerblading (when the road is smooth). It is so fun especially down at the beach along the sand and surf. Too many people in my way, though!

Maybe next weekend I will try to go for a bike ride!

Oh! No new shoes yet, but I plan to get some tomorrow! Then I will be a lean, mean running machine!


Lessons learned:
  1. I love the beach.
  2. I should not tan unsupervised. I need a parent or guardian to aid me with this :P
  3. Rollerblading is fun!
  4. Chow knows everything.

3 comments:

  1. Despite ending up on my back in the middle of the bike lane, rollerblading was a lot of fun ... I'm seriously contemplating buying a pair so I don't have to keep borrowing my bro's. Let's do some beach blading again sometime! Damn ... I really need to move downtown!

    Anyway, on a separate note, you've inspired me to get back into writing, so I started a blogspot of my own =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lesson learned #4 was pretty random...

    ReplyDelete
  3. But you already knew that, Chow.

    ReplyDelete