Thursday, July 16, 2009

*thud* (me falling off the wagon)

Ironically, following on the heels of my post from yesterday, I did not make it out this morning. I'm very ashamed :(

I turned off my alarm by accident and ended up falling back asleep until almost 8am. I couldn't even get out of bed until 8:30am. I blame this mostly on work because I was dreading going into work because of all the stuff I knew I had to do today. But, it's not an excuse. I have no excuse! /epic fail :(

The worst part is, I don't think I can go running tomorrow morning because I have to go in to work extra early (aiming for 7am) and, unfortunately, I don't think that leaves enough room for a run in the morning.

However! to somewhat offset my dismal showing today, I am going to go for a bike ride this evening. And I am playing volleyball tomorrow and I will play SUPERGOOD!

Forgiven?

I think what is most important from this (for me) is that I do keep going. So many times in the past I've tried various things like going to the gym or trying to eat better or what have you, but as soon as I slip one toe off the wagon, I figure what the hell! And just jump right off on my own. My biggest problem (linked with the motivation piece) is being able to accept my small failure and continue on.

So that's what I'm going to do! I will keep moving forward and learn from my mistakes.

Lessons learned:
  1. When I get up to pee at 6:30am, don't crawl back into bed!
  2. Not only will that ensure I get out for a run, but also it will ideally leave me more time in the morning to write my post!
  3. I will try to map out my route in advance and plan for when I will be running vs. walking and research what kind of progress I should be making.
  4. I need more music on my BB.
In other news, I am following all sorts of blogs! All are friends/family except for Bakerella, but her page is so fun!

Having said that, I would respectfully request that my friends/family post more often! Entertain me!! :) Please and thank you! <3

1 comment:

  1. Who says you HAVE to run in the morning? As long as you do it at some point in the day with just as much vigor, you're golden. Just don't fall into the trap of continuously putting it off.

    ReplyDelete