Thursday, July 30, 2009

today and tomorrow..

Good morning everyone!

It is a lovely Thursday, don't you think? I certainly do.

I think I do feel better when I run in the mornings. Clearly.

I got up and made myself go out for a run. Trying to complete a second day of the week 3 training. I am still slightly concerned that even though I am following the plan, it won't be enough and I won't be able to do the 5k. But I guess I will re-evaluate at the end of August and not worry about it now.

The run went rather well I think! If you look at the blog post from 2 days ago it outlines the session.

I have to tell you one sad story, though :( I ran past this guy who is a freakin' speed walker apparently in a suit! I was nearing the end of the 3 minute run and ran past him and thought I got quite a distance past him, but not enough! Shortly thereafter, while I'm panting and walking, this guy zooms past me. Who walks that fast just normally?! Honestly. I was kind of embarrassed that he had caughtup to me and passed me in such a short span of time.

Ah well.

Again this morning no cheese or ketchup with my eggs. It's so hard not to glob ketchup onto everything. It's so delicious!

Just thinking about ketchup makes me randomly think of KFC. Mm.

So again I have no lunch, but I still have some healthy snacks leftover from yesterday so I am good to go!

Oh, I also did more lunges and squats this morning. My knees don't love it, but it's not bad - yet!

And! You will all be happy to know that my shin splints are much improved! I am stretching my shins more and that is helping immensely. I do it during the run after it starts hurting a bit, though. That's ok, right? Then as I keep going it gets better. So yay :)

As I mentioned yesterday, I am going up to Ottawa to Mike's cottage for a few days and am going to try to run at some point tomorrow. But we will be hiking up a mountain also! Not quite mountain climbing, but I can ease into that.

I just want to thank you guys for all the support :) I love youz!

Shyn, Chow, & Charles - I look forward to going rock climbing!

Also! Chow - I looked up those Yak Trax things. They were only ~30$, I think. That's pretty reasonable! It should be good times.

In other news, this girl I know is running a triathlon in August! I am very fascinated!

I had been thinking lately of what I would do after this 5k. Well, first, I think a 10k is in order, but after that I wondered if a half-marathon was in my future.

But now I have another option! Rebecca (the girl doing the triathlon) told me the reason she chose to do one is because running longer than 10k gets really boring for her. I can see that. I still don't understand how people can run for hours on end.

So perhaps one day maybe next year or the year after? How fun!

3 comments:

  1. "Just thinking about ketchup makes me randomly think of KFC. Mm."

    What????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I fall asleep running more than 5k at a time. It's kind of a weird sensation to be running but for the most part be bored enough to sleep. I refused to compete in any event longer than 3k when I was in high school! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Connie!! Where are the posts!? I've felt like something's missing in my morning routine!! :P

    ReplyDelete